Lady With A Unicorn

Lady With A Unicorn

Monday, August 22, 2011

how we want our shop to be different

Of course we want our shop to be a reliable location for popular well known miniatures, but there's so much more we want to bring to the miniature public.

I  love discovering little known talent. (or at least new to me.)  Maybe someone just starting out that has a few pieces listed and doesn't realize just how good they are.  I'll usually buy a piece and analyze it.  If it meets my expectations, I may contact the artist and see if they're interested in being featured in the shop. Then we come to terms and hopefully it benefits both of us.

While we are still working out the website kinks (aren't we always?!?!) we are in the process of featuring several of these amazing miniaturists. 

Among them is a terrific miniaturist...Ann from  Ann's miniatures.  She makes unbelievably tiny wrapped candies, cookies, etc. I swear she has a shrinking machine, because they are perfectly proportioned and realistic!

Another, who is just coming on board is Melody Lamb, a gifted whimsical animal and faerie artist. You have to smile when you see her creations and she's been kind enough to offer them to me in 1:12 scale.

One of my favorites (ok...I'm prejudice) is my husband Steve.  There's never been a dull moment in our marriage and it comes through in his art...full of life and character.

So, when looking for miniatures, take the time to explore a stores artist sections, if they are lucky enough to have one.  I've seldom if ever been disappointed. 

If you're as passionate about miniatures as we are, you'll be amazed at the whole other world of miniatures ready to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment