Lady With A Unicorn

Lady With A Unicorn

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

GLUE...The bane of my existance.

You've been there...you're so careful with every aspect of your creation, and then you see it: THE BLOB. (scary sounds from Psycho  ring in my head).

It was supposed to be easy to apply, great controll and dry crystal clear.  Not only does it do NONE of these things, it's not even holding very well. What a waste of time and effort.  Now I sit with my tweezers and straight pin trying to remove the little dried bits without ruining all my hard work.

My shelf is full of bottles, jars and pastes representing my glue graveyard. $$$$$ down the drain.

There is one, however, I'm having great success with: Ultimate Glue.  It's found in craft stores and sells for about $3.99.  I've glued everything from paper to wood and even fabric.  I transfer some to a little squeeze bottle  and it has good control.  I'm able to obtain the thin line I need and it doesn't drip. I like it much better for fabrics then adhesives made specially for that purpose.

I'd like to tell you that I discovered this myself, but I owe this great discovery to morezmore.com.
There I've not only found amazing suggestions, but  gorgeous dolls and the tools to make them. Lovely faerie fabrics, beads...the list could go on forever.   The sight is fascinating.   It takes you through the entire doll process...from armature through final accents.  They also tell you what the products are used for and show you  how to use them.
With that said, is anyone out there interested in some slightly used adhesives? I have a vast collection, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment