Lady With A Unicorn

Lady With A Unicorn

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My tiny world is taking over!!

How can such little things take soooo much room?!?!
A little bit here, a little bit there and I'm starting to believe I need an intervention on Extreme  Hoarders.

I have no trouble sorting and getting rid of things in the "real" world.  Where I get into trouble is when I find some random minute piece of something unrecognizable...I look at it from all angles. I KNOW I can use this for something...but where? Obviously, I have to save it or somewhere down the road I'll regret it.

23...45...ok... HUNDREDS of boxes later I find myself making the proverbial maze to be able to walk around. Intellectually, I have a grip on this. Emotionally, it's a work in progress.  I shutter when I think about how long this process has taken.

Instead of tackling this all at once, I'm removing one box at a time to another room.  Taking it away from everything else is very important.  This way I only concentrate  on the task at hand. I chuckle at some of my past purchases...the out of scale funky painted breadbox...the "crushed" nuts that look more like chunks of broken brown crayons. These are things so bad  I can't imagine what I must have been thinking.  I know in the beginning, I didn't want to insult the artist (I use the word very loosely) by sending it back and saying THIS REALLY SUCKS!!

I have learned that photographs can be deceiving.  I look closer, put it on my favorites list and get back top it after time passes.  9 out of 10 times after taking an second or third look, I delete it.

I've also bought shelves to suit my needs I started thinking outside the box.  It finally dawned on me that all the shelves were too far apart.  I purchased several stacking shoe racks...the white ones to build a custom closet with. The shelves are only 6 inches apart and six packages (twelve shelves) give me the storage I need without a lot of space.

Well...I'm up to box three. Anyone want three kittens in a box that look more like decomposed fuzz than kittens?

No comments:

Post a Comment