Lady With A Unicorn

Lady With A Unicorn

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why rick rack should be outlawed!

I have seen the most beautiful miniatures quilts, blankets etc, only to have them trimmed in this horrible creation known as rick rack (or is it one word...don't care!)  I've never seen one done well...seldom (in fact I think never) in scale. Take the extra time to do your work justice. Just say NO to anything that goes  "ziz-zag"!!"

I've searched far and wide for trims (sans rick rack) that are appropriate for miniatures. Sandie's trims are some I've had great luck with.  I bought a bushel at a show once, knowing it would used down the road. Well....while it's been one heck of a long road, I'm still using them with great success.

I also like a product that I found at a scrapbook convention once. The company is  called Kreinik and they have trims that you can iron on.  You have to be careful to make sure you get the smallest width they have.  It's also a curious site.  You get transferred to a shop that sells it.  I've been trying to get an account, but still haven't heard from them.  I'll be downloading a wedding dress I've almost completed with a pink trim I used of theirs.

Our website is up and running: Lady With A Unicorn.com.  THOUSANDS of more items to list.  We've been able to offer wonderful prices on Bespaq.  I've also searched around the globe for amazing artisans.  There are  gifted artisans out there still waiting to be discovered. If you are one of them...we'd love to hear from you!

Speaking of being discovered...here's  hoping we catch on and are able to share our love of miniatures with you!

1 comment: